What information we collect.We may collect your personal or contact information, SYMBIS Assessment responses, SYMBIS Assessment results, or other information submitted to or collected by us during your use of the Services (together, your “Information”).
- Information you provide.
- Personal and contact Information. When you register, subscribe, contact us, or use the Services, we may collect a variety of information about you including personal and contact information or a record of issues you have faced when using the Services.
- Purchase Information. All payment information is securely collected and stored by a third party payment processor. We do not retain or have access to your payment credentials, but are provided a summary of transactions.
- SYMBIS Assessment Information. As part of the Services, we collect, store, and analyze your Information—including your individual responses, the responses you provide as a couple, and your SYMBIS Assessment results.
- Information we get from your use of our Services.
- Do Not Track signals. At this time the SYMBIS website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- Use to provide Services. Your Information may be disclosed to your certified SYMBIS Assessment facilitator to enable relationship conversations based on your SYMBIS Assessment.
- Use to improve Services. We may use your Information to improve our Services, to help solve any issues you might be facing, to offer you tailored content, or to inform you about changes or improvements to the Services.
- Use for research. We may use your Information to continue our research into healthy, successful relationships.
- Disclosure to facilitators. As part of the Services, your Information—including your individual responses, the responses you provide as a couple, and your SYMBIS Assessment results—may be disclosed to the certified SYMBIS Assessment facilitator you are working with. We may also enable the certified SYMBIS Assessment facilitator you are working with to disclose your Information to other certified SYMBIS Assessment facilitators within their organization.
- Disclosure for research. We may retain and use your Information to continue our research into healthy, successful relationships and to improve the Services. We may also disclose your Information to trusted third research partners. This research may be published in academic journals or other publications. Any resulting publication will not disclose your identity.
- Disclosure by law. We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, a request or order from law enforcement, or any legal process; (2) protect or defend SYMBIS, or a third party’s rights or property; or (3) to protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- Disclosure to protect abuse victims. We reserve the right, but have no obligation to, disclose your Information if we suspect or have reason to suspect that your Information pertains to a party who may be a victim of abuse in any form. Your Information may be disclosed to authorities that we deem appropriate to handle such disclosures, such as law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials.
Security. All Information you provide is electronically transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, according to cryptology best practices. SSL is a proven coding system that allows your browser to automatically encrypt (scramble) data before it is sent. We protect your account information by placing it on a secure portion of the SYMBIS website that is only accessible by SYMBIS website administrators. And we follow industry best practices, including user authentication mechanisms, to prevent data leakage and resist certain hacking techniques. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Information.
Updating your Information and Preferences. Certified SYMBIS Assessment facilitators can update their profiles through their Facilitator Dashboard. Users may update or delete their SYMBIS accounts or update their mailing preferences by contacting our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will strive to quickly and efficiently update or delete your Information at your request—unless we have a legitimate business or legal reason to keep that information or unless requests require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. Before acting on your request to update or delete your Information, we may ask you to verify your identity.